Australis Oil & Gas (Australis) is an oil and gas exploration and development company formed by the founder and executives of Aurora Oil & Gas Limited (Aurora), which was sold in June 2014 for an enterprise value of A$2.6 billion including assumed debt of approximately A$800 million.
Through two acquisitions completed in 2016 and 2017, Australis has become the largest acreage holder in the production defined core area of the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale (TMS), onshore Louisiana and Mississippi.
This large acreage position within the TMS core, together with the associated production and cashflow, proven reserves and large undeveloped resource, provides the platform for significant value creation for Australis shareholders.
In addition, Australis owns a large oil & gas licensed area onshore Portugal with a discovered gas resource. The concession areas have several conventional exploration targets and one discovered conventional gas accumulation.
The management team have supervised and implemented drilling and development activities across the globe over the past 3 decades. They range from established and highly regulated environments such as the U.K. North Sea, onshore Europe and the USA, through to frontier locations such as Russia, China and The Philippines. Projects where staff have had executive or senior management responsibility include:
A) Conventional Oil & Gas Exploration & Development
- Offshore development activities – UKNS
- Offshore development of Bohai Bay, China
- Onshore development of the Salym and Yuzhnoye fields in Russia
- Off-shore in Denmark (Tyra SE)
- Offshore development of the Galoc Field in the Philippines.
- Onshore development in Europe – UK and The Netherlands
- Onshore planning and preparation of development plan for Golden Beach field in Australia
- Onshore conventional US – Permian, Rocky Mountain etc.
- On-shore in Kenya (South Lokichar)
- On-shore in Kurdistan (Swara Tikka)
- On-Shore in Algeria (Hassi Berkine)
- On-shore in Oman (Safah & Wadi Latham)
B) Unconventional Oil & Gas Exploration & Development
- Onshore unconventional US – Eagle Ford, Permian, Rocky Mountain etc.